Helene P. Dreyer Koch*
ATTORNEY AT LAW
*Certified by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization (Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law)
Helene P. Dreyer Koch is a member of American Mensa, Ltd. and has been practicing law in California for more than 30 years. She is certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization in the areas of estate planning, trusts and probate law. She has vast experience with complicated appellate matters, and has earned a reputation as an exceptional legal writer. She has been identified as one of the area’s “Top Lawyers” by Palm Springs Life Magazine. Ms. Dreyer Koch is admitted to practice before all State and Federal Courts in California, as well as the United States Supreme Court.
From 1992 to 1998, she worked as an associate with a valley law firm, practicing civil litigation and appeals, family law, and public agency and municipal law. After that, she was a solo practitioner with an emphasis in written argument and family law before joining Roemer & Harnik LLP in 2001.
Areas of Emphasis
- Wills & Trusts
- Estate Planning
- Ongoing Trust Administration
Education and Specialization
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor (B.A. 1987)
- University of Texas at Austin School of Law (J.D. 1992)
- Certified in Estate Planning, Trusts, and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- American Mensa, Ltd.
- Desert Bar Association
- Planned Giving Committee of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Coachella Valley
- Planned Giving Committee of the College of the Desert Foundation
- Board of Directors of Coachella Valley Volunteers in Medicine
- The Richard I. Roemer-Warren E. Slaughter American Inn of Court
- Planned Giving Committee of the Desert Aids Project
- Chapman University (Palm Desert Campus) Instructor of Real Property Law and Family Law
- Sunline Transit Authority Administrative Hearing Officer
- Michigan National Guard Family Readiness Group (FRG) Coordinator